Engineer and/or Business Leader?
Prior to the mid-twentieth century many of the world’s business leaders were engineers (e.g. Henry Ford, Herbert Hoover); since then ‘business leader’ became a ‘profession’ in its own right. There is a strong argument for melding the two paths again.
At the personal level an engineer can:
- set priorities
- deal with ambiguity
- deal with macro and micro issues simultaneously
As a profession they:
- know that good problem-solving starts with good fact-gathering
- process data well, both personally and using technology
- understand risk assessment and decision-making processes
- can separate facts from emotions
- are creative and intuitive
Engineer and Business Leader Qualities
Both pathways require a detail-oriented and analytical approach:
- identifying root causes of problems and providing economical solutions
- understanding how things fit together to work
- being realistic and goal-oriented with high expectations
At JC Engineers, we employ qualified and experienced engineers who are capable of undertaking works in engineers, department management, operation management and business unit management. Contact us today to find out how we can cater for your needs.